Central Heating Programmer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Having problems switching from Potterton EP2001 to a Siemens RWB9.
Would be grateful if anyone could tell me which terminals (N,L,1,2,3,4) connect to the following; boiler, pump, diverter, frostat, cylinder thermostat.
I'm trying to trace back the cables to see what is connected to what, connected it all up using the instructions that came with the Siemens part but have got nowhere with it. Unit operates ok but does not switch boiler on at all.
I have the following cables coming into the programmer;

3-core flex from mains socket
twin and earth that goes to junction box in airing cupboard
special 4 core cable (red, yell, blue, black) that goes to juncion box also
3-core flex that goes to boiler
3-core flex from boiler (only brown used)
3-core flex that goes to frostat

Grateful for any help just to figure it all out.
An overview on how the whole system works would also be great.

Many many Thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
1) A hijack and two separate posts in the space of a couple of hours won't get you answers any faster.

2) Do you know that the RWB9 is a suitable replacement for the EP2001?

3) Does the absence of any connections to frost stats, boiler stats, diverter valves etc in the wiring diagrams on the Landis Staefa website not concern you?

Firstly, apologies for the 'hijack' and the separate posts, comes from being a forum newbie..........
The wiring interchange guide which came with the programmer does show connection details for the EP2001, have followed it but to no avail.
As far as the wiring diagrams on the web site, are you inferring that none of these stats and valves can be used with this programmer ?

Apologies once again, one last thing though, just what is a hijack ?

thanks

Badger19 said:
As far as the wiring diagrams on the web site, are you inferring that none of these stats and valves can be used with this programmer ?
The diagram doesn't identify any places to connect them, so that would be my guess.

Also, I note that this controller does not have volt-free outputs, which may not be what your boiler needs.

Despite what I said, I think you should post again - but this time on the plumbing & CH forum....

Apologies once again, one last thing though, just what is a hijack ?
See #20, here

Sponsored Links
not sure about how the controller is wired (never used the type you have mentioned before) all wires go to the controller. inc stats etc (you sometmes have to use terminal block to join certain wires together)

There are no control inputs on that programmer - just mains in, and mains out for CH and HW....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back