Central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am in the process of buying a house with no central heating but has gas already piped in. am looking to have a condensing boiler professionally installed but doing the central heating system pipework myself.

Does anyone out there have experience of the plastic or copper push-fit connectors on a central heating system, I'm looking for ease of fitting rather than anything else, and don't really want to solder unless I really have to.

Any advice I'd be grateful.

Sponsored Links
soldering is best and costs less, you can use yourkshire fittings that are pre soldered, or you could even use compression fittings, i do not know if pushfit could stand the pressure (not saying they cant just don't know)

I installed my own CH and plumbing using Hep20 over 8 years ago without any problems. I have a combi boiler which makes the overall pipework layout much simpler than a system using tanks etc. I must admit I was a bit sceptical of plastic pipe and push fit joints but after talking to a builder friend who now installs plastic in all new houses he builds (including his own place he is currently building) and having used it myself I would definitely recommend it. He now uses Speedfit as B Gas will take this on on their cover plans whilst Hep20 must be piped using barrier pipe to comply with their spec. (less oxygen ingress)
Joints are more expensive but you tend to need less of them as pipe will bend and can be put in in longer lengths than copper + there is less chance of setting fire to anything!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back