Ceramic floor tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please help me. I am wanting to tile my lounge room and have everything to start however I am unsure of whereabouts in the room I should start first. I do not have a square room and no one seems to be able to help me. My room is similar to an L shape. Where is the best place to start?

Thanks
:oops:

Sponsored Links
Its only a sugestion but why not start at the middle of one end and work outwards then forwards.

That way all the whole tiles will be "in the middle" and the odd bits at the sides

The normal way people suggest is to start in the middle of the room, mease the midpoint of each wall and join the lines in the middle. That way it evens out any cuts you may have on the edges. Measure the walls, mark the centres and pull a chalk line between the marks. The start in the middle where the lines intersect. Make sure you lay a few loose tiles first to make sure you don't have any stupid tiny tiles to cut though!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back