ceramic wall tile problem

bbp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I tile around wall plugs and an aluminum fan cover with ceramic tile?

THANK YOU for all the info!
BBP

Sponsored Links
Since you're located in the US, I'm confident I know what your electrical outlets are like since they're the same as those here in Canada.

In my view, it would be best to shut off power to the duplex receptacle and remove it, or at least shut the power off and pull the receptacle out of the box enough so that you can then re-install the receptacle so that it fits OVER the tiling. You will need to notch the tiles to accomodate the screw that holds the receptacle to the box.

Ditto for the fan cover. I'd take it off, tile up to the fan housing, and then re-install the fan grille over the tiling. (Alternatively, in both cases, consider if it's feasible to end the tiling before either the receptacle or the fan locations.

In the case of the receptacle, the screws that come with the receptacle should be long enough. In the case of the fan cover you might have to use a different type of fastener to secure it in place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back