Change door orientation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possiable to change an interior door to swing in to the room right to left instead of left to right?

Sponsored Links
Anonymous said:
Is it possiable to change an interior door to swing
As Breezer's said " yes " Didn't explain it though,take the door off the hinge then put the swing in from the top of your door frame,you can get it from 'Early Learning shop' or any good toy shop :LOL:

That's not what I meant. I mean can you change a door to open from the left to right instead of opening from the right to left. I want the door to open the other direction. But I don't know what I need to do????
:confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
move it from one side to the other

I would suggest that if you can not figure out how to do it i suggest you get in a chippy to do it for you. hanging a door is is easy but does take skill.

I had 5 brand new doors put in, it took a chippy and his mate best part of all day to do them (but that did include ALL the door furniture, trimming them to size)

yours will be easier considering you have all the door furiture in place (well most of it)

my origonal reply still stands.

It can be done but you will have back filled the ex-hinge butt gap with timber on the door and door frame as it going the opposite way.Also depending what type of door latch you have which will need to be turn round or taking it apart and reverse the latch.Bearing in mind you might end up seeing a wider gap between the door and frame as the door is normally taper on edge.

What choice do we have ? You didn't invited us to your 24/7 party in the early part of the year.:cool:

A ceiling pull switch might easier than chopping out a channel a wall switch :LOL:

masona said:
What choice do we have ? You didn't invited us to your 24/7 party in the early part of the year.:cool:
You mean that wasn't you 'n breezer propped up in the corner surrounded by empty beer cans ?? :D :D :D

We're getting warmer then :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back