changing a cooker consumer unit

6 Jul 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
i have an old surface mounted cooker consumer unit that i wish to change to a new flush mounted type.the cable is not long enough to where i want to resite.can i extend the cable using a certain type of connector?If so what would you recommend to use.
Sponsored Links
Would probably be best to get an electrician to look at it.
I guess when you say cooker consumer unit, you really mean cooker control unit (switch & socket together on one plate).

The best thing to do would be to put a new piece of cable in.

How short is it? I mean, sometimes it is possible to find a bit of slack from under the floor etc..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links