Changing a radiator for a towel rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing a radiator with a towel rail at present the radiator is served by a T joint on either end ie flow and return end and there is aprox 4 inches to where i need to add a right angle to go up to the towel rail. I was thinking of freezing the tjoint with freeze n fix if so will i be able to join an isolation valve right next to the freeze so that i can work out exactly where the floorboards are cut etc or will i have a problem getting olive on due to expansion etc or should i drain the system, which has only just been power flushed. If i drain the system should i switch off all the radiators except the one i am changing so that i only drain the pipes and also do i have to tye up the expansion tank.

Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
Do a trial freeze and fix with an old piece of pipe and an olive. My guess: it will work.

I wouldn`t be so keen myself to try and freeze a T with ..presumably....one of those spray cans + muffs.....and if it`s upstairs anyway you`ll only loose the top floor water........and if it`s been poweflushed, those who did it should be able to tell you what inhibitor to replace...........or just bung the feed+vent.............turn both ends off rads as you thought ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back