changing a room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am replacing an old Satchwell room stat with a "Digistat3" from Drayton (Invensys Climate Controls Europe)..

In the back of the old unit are red, blue and a yellowey-green (Earth).

Now i am not stupid (my wife would tell you otherwise) as i spent 7 years in electronics.. however when i open the pack for the drayton it advises me as follows."IMPORTANT" If the previous room stat used a neutral and/or earth, these SHOULD NOT be connected to the digistat and should be safely isolated"

OK.. thats fine but i only have three wires, one of which is the earth, so know i must not connect this one.. i have three pind to connect to.. 1=common, 2=heating satisfied, 3=call for heat.

I would imaging BUT DONT KNOW that the blue should go to 1 and the red to 3.. what happens to 2?? or is it vice versa??

From the diagram on the card for the drayton it would appear that the switching is between 1/2 & 3 with 1/2 always conected.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

StickyFingers, please read the forum rules, I have just split your post

Sponsored Links
If no-one else replies to this, DO A CIRCUIT DIAGRAM and work it out.

Easy.. especially when you have a multimeter at work and you are at home.. thought someone may have come across it before!

Use a neon or light blub (with mains on) or butchered domestic torch (mains disconnected) to test continuity.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back