Changing hot tap in system fitted with Megaflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved into a new place which is fitted with a Megaflow system. Which unhandily has come with no instructions :(

I want to change the hot tap in the bathroom but I've no idea how to drain the hot water system/ Megaflow system. Could someone help explain how I'd go about doing it please (I guess it's not as easy as isolating the cold water supply to the Megaflow and then opening all the hot taps is it :)

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Great - thanks :)

How about afterwards? Just leave all the hot taps open and then turn the cold water supply back onto the Megaflow or is there a bleeding sequence to get rid of any airlocks?

close hot taps apart from the one furthest away from cylinder, open cold feed and allow to fill until water issues from tap, close tap and open next tap until water issues, repeat on all hot taps. megaflow is now full and purged of air ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back