Changing hot tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've changed both the sink and bath cold taps without any problem. Turned off the mains and swapped the tap - easy.

The problem is turning off the hot water supply. I turn the valve in the airing cupboard which appears to be the cold feed to the bottom of the boiler. This stops the hot water when I turn on the hot tap. But after a while there are a series of gurgles and water starts to trickly out of the hot tap - not fun as I had already started to undo it...;-(

So how do I isolate the hot water properly. Do I have to drain the whole of the hot water system...or what else have I missed. I really don't want to call a plumber just to change a tap.

Hope you can help
Thanks
TimN

Sponsored Links
it could just be the water left in the pipes and being held by a vacuum. released when you start messing about
turn water off again but open all hot taps and then wait for it to stop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back