Changing System from Open-vented to pressurised

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a bit of advice. I recently moved into a new flat that currently has a Worchester Bosch 240 combi boiler providing both our hot water and central heating.

I was doing a bit of investigation in our loft to find to my surprise a water tank. My first assumption was that it was a cold water storage tank. But after some thought and reading the boiler installation instructions, it would appear that it is a primary feed/vent tank for the boiler.

What I want to know is - if it is possible to convert the boiler back to a pressurized system with just an air vent at top of boiler, as I am not to keen on having the vent pipe and feed to the tank running up my kitchen wall. I am in the process of renovating my kitchen.

Is their any reason why it would have been installed this way, or is it just personal preference.

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
It's not just the air vent, what about pressure release valve, expansion vessel and high limit stat just for starters.

Alan

why would this have been installed this way. As the boiler is supplied as a pressurised system, and it costs extra to have as a vented one?

Sponsored Links
One reason comes to mind is that the boiler was fitted to existing heating system and there were concerns regarding leaks if the pressure was raised.

There are other technical reasons but without talking to the original installers all would be suposition.

Alan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back