changing the colour of grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Around a month ago I had the kitchen floor changed from laminate to floor tiles, the tiles are black and the builder used white grout without asking for my opinion. They did look great at the start but because I have numerous dogs trailing in, the grout looks really shabby already despite me spending many hours on my hands and knees cleaning it, my question is this,

Is there a product I could buy to change the colour of the grout to maybe black or grey or if not any solution would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Rake it out & regrout, I thought kitchen floors were usually grouted with grey, mine are & I dont think there was many colours.

You can get a stunning array of grout colours, white on floor is not sensible, the only time I ever use that is in an ensuite bathroom with white marble.

HG produce a product called floor grout protector which is a paint on thing, never used it myself but had pretty good feedback about it from some old customers.

Thanks for the replies, I'll have a look round for that stuff and failing that I will rake it out and re-do it.

Sponsored Links
Tillybaby, I hear where your coming from, I have terracotta tiles with white grout and two large dogs........
I have just completed a kitchen overhaul and the tiles / grout just looked so grubby i had to address the problem.
I neat bleached the lot, let it dry then poured neat thinners on the grout then with a scrubbing brush scrubbed the grout joints, this removed 80% of the muck but still i wasnt satisfied and researched into getting the colour back without having to regrout, but alas i had to regrout, only thing is i liked the white effect and by chance i came across a product in a well know alphabetically challenged shed store. It's a white grout, retailed around £15 and is a two pack product, simply pour the adhesive into the grout and mix thouroughly then apply to area, it takes about 24 hours to go off and three weeks after completing the job plus three weeks of dog use the grout is as sparkly as it was when first laid. Plus i have not had to do any cleaning at all.

Wow!! that's exactly the stuff I need too,

You can be sure I'll be down to our nearest shed in the next couple of days,

Many thanks for your help,

Tilly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back