Chasing waste pipe for Wall-hung basin?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What's the smallest pipe I can use inconjunction with a wall-hung basin?

This is the basin I want to fit in my new bathroom:
laufen_proc55tc.jpg

I have never done waste plumbing before and I would be really grateful if someone could recommend which type of waste pipe to use (solvent/compression - it will be buried behind tiles of course).

And also whether it's possible to use find a narrow waste pipe (i.e. 22mm) rather than the bigger waste pipes that are available at my local plumbers merchant.

It's got to hook up to an existing 40mm plastic waste pipe which is hidden behind some boxing. I want to join into it and carry the pipe into the wall and then into the new basin.

Simon.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris.

What do you think the best tool would be to chase into a breeze block wall?

Simon.

Duh, hammer and chisel! It's easy stuff. I have used a jigsaw, but...

Sponsored Links
try a grinder with a cutting disc and fill the house wit dust then you still have to channel out wit ham and chis, just do it bud.

Multiplex said:
Hammer and chisel doesn't sound fun :(
It`s good fun, you catch your knuckles with the club and after about 20 years at it you can tell people you were a prize fighter..I do :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back