Cheap laminate flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into my house last summer and have spent the last year decorating, tiling, gardening etc but have pretty much neglected my downstairs hallway and it next on my list. It currently has vinyl tiles which look horrible and I want to laminate it.

Has anyone used the cheap laminate stuff from B&Q? Its called Easi Loc and they are currently selling it for about £13 a pack. I know when doing DIY you shouldnt try and do it on the cheap, buuuuuuut the hallway in question is an entrance hall only and has minimal use (walked on only a couple of times a day). Plus of course I am on a tight budget! Am I OK going cheep and cheerful?

Also is underlay essential? I am guessing it is but wanted to check.

Finally, is it a good idea to take the skirting off and putting it back on after laminating the floor, in order to hide the expansion areas?

Any help is appreciated, cheers.

Sponsored Links
I used the B & Q flooring in bedrooms, which is light trafic but no shoes, its been down for 2 years seems ok to me, it was also easy to lay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back