cheapest place for varnish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

i've got to varnish every door , door frame , architrave, skirting board etc in my house :eek:

i'm going to need quite a lot of varnish so where is the cheapest place to buy it from??

i will need matt varnish.

best price i have found so far is 5Lt Ronseal Clear Mattcoat/satinglaze/hardcoat for £34.95

cheerz & have a good new years :cool:

Sponsored Links
Try you local Leyland / Johnstones decorating centre for sensibly priced paints and varnishes. Its where us professionals go. Branches nationwide. Quality own brand paint and varnish at about 50% price of B&Q etc.

Ps I don't work for them!

Have you tried wax or oil? A bit more expensive, but much kinder to the wood, brings out more of the grain, and smells nicer too :)

why not try a satin finish.gloss varnish never looks right unless on new wood.i would use danish oil.the more you put on the better it looks.

its better to burn out than fade away

Sponsored Links
it'a ll new skirting/doors/frames

people are telling me to paint it now as varnishing them is a bit 'old school'

i'm confused on which to go for lol

I agreed with Tom, so easy and quick to do ! Timber need to breathe, it maybe slightly expensive but goes a long way so it's cheaper !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back