Check valves needed?

H

HiZ

Installing a bath shower mixer valve with thermostat (Grohe) and also a monoblock basin mixer.

The shower is a flexi pipe type and not hard fixed to the wall. Heating system is getting converted to a combi.

Where shall check valves be fitted (if any) as it would be better for me to put them before both the basin and the bath.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Check the installation instructions!

Generally a non return valve is required in both hot and cold feeds to a mixer shower. The shower may have them built in.

Tony

Instructions doen't suggest anything....

Neither do they say that a valve is fitted internally.

With a top of the range unit I am surprised ( unless its a Chinese copy! )

It probably does have them built in. You can either call their tech help or fit them regardless as they only cost about £1 each!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Just wrapped my lips around the shiny end and gave it a good suck. I could only get it to blow..... :oops:

Looks like they are built in.... :D

Theirs usually have them built in. I ripped them out of mine as they're horribly restrictive little things, and put 22mm ones in the pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back