Checking boiler safety

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may think their boiler is being serviced - obviously it is NOT.

:LOL: ............and BG are any different?

OP , as long as you can decipher those combustion readings all is good , i'll tell you this , 95% of the so called RGIs on here don't have a clue what they mean. :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links

OP , as long as you can decipher those combustion readings all is good , i'll tell you this , 95% of the so called RGIs on here don't have a clue what they mean. :LOL: ;)

My neighbours Potterton neta-heat............

Co.0.015---Co2-6.5---Ratio....0.002
Well those ones are a load of bollix for a start. Hope you spotted that. :LOL:

Well those ones are a load of bollix for a start. Hope you spotted that. :LOL:

What's wrong with those readings? what i would expect from a potty netaheat. :cool:

Hope you got a good excuse Sooooooeeyy. :eek: ;)

Sponsored Links

you couldnt have picked a worse boiler to work on, but because i dont want you to ignore me i cant tell you why, but im sure if you have the MI you will know whast test i'm on about that is CRITICAL to the safety of the poor people in that house, and must be checked by a competant person, if you dont mind me asking why do you have a FGA if you are not a register gas engineer and why do you want to carry out a 30min safety check on a netaheat for £10 you are way underselling your valuable time

What's wrong with those readings? what i would expect from a potty netaheat.

Hope you got a good excuse Sooooooeeyy.

0.015 ppm co.??? From a netaheat?? From anything???

Are you sure you're gas safe? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I

Where do you think you would stand, liability-wise, if you told a neighbour that their boiler was safe and then a day, a week, or a month later one of them died of carbon monoxide poisoning?

I am doing no more or no less than BG do when servicing my boiler, action level is .004 , ID is .008, unless you know otherwise?

Isn't this what British Gas do?

we do know different as it happens depending on type of boiler, you are that clever you are paying for a service and getting a safety check, do me a favour stick me on ignore

I've had my boiler serviced each year (837 ecotec), the engineer inserts the sample probe into the flue turret & records the combustion readings ,thats all he does , I have purchased a sprint V2 analyser due to the fact it is costing me £98 per year for a service , WHY CAN'T I DO THIS? ,as far as i know all that is required is for the CO/CO2 ratio to be below .004 , as long as combustion readings are within tolerence what is the problem with testing @ the flue terminal myself? ,am also prepared to use my analyser on my neibours boiler too along with a nominal charge of £10 ,if i find CO/CO2 ratio exceeds action level then obviously time to call a RGI.

I am NOT asking for gas advice so please do not post back with 'we are not at liberty to advice',if this is the case i will push the 'ignore' button.

TIA.

i like the way you ask for advice then threaten us with the ignore button, quality

Does your FGI also test for gas tightness? :rolleyes:

What happens if the boiler is perfectly safe but you put the case back on wrong or leave a test nipple leaking, making a safe boiler an unsafe one?

What is possibly even worse is that it will be the elderly and vulnerable people who can least afford it who will pay £10 for a 'safety check' and waste their money.

many vulnerable people can no-longer pay for a full service due to rising bills. Better a bit of a test than none at all eh?

I was waiting for you to chime in joe. :LOL: :LOL:
You must be getting desperate now, using aliases to start blouse threads.

What's wrong with those readings? what i would expect from a potty netaheat.

Hope you got a good excuse Sooooooeeyy.

0.015 ppm co.??? From a netaheat?? From anything???

Are you sure you're gas safe? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Who said ppm?

It would be obvious the readings were in percent, 150ppm :rolleyes:

Are you gas safe? appears not.

Petterton case seals were checked with FGA , no splillage. :rolleyes:

many vulnerable people can no-longer pay for a full service due to rising bills. Better a bit of a test than none at all eh?

Thank you , some sense at last , surely better to check than not , RGI will be called in when the test results deem necesary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back