Choosing Floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My builder is going to lay floorboards upstairs in our new house, on OSB board and wants to know what type I want to put in . I would like to varnish the boards, Could you advise me what kind of board is best (I dont want anything too knotty looking)?
Thank You

Sponsored Links
Grasshopper said:
Could you advise me what kind of board is best (I dont want anything too knotty looking)?

Are you thinking of Oak? Not to knotty means Natural grade (or even Prime which doesn't have that many colour variations). Natural grade has some colour variations and sapwood (white bits).

Are you thinking of solid or Wood-Engineered? W-E comes in various grades and types, from single strip (has the appaerance of solid boards) and 3-strip (cheaper in price).

Most boards do come pre-finished nowadays, saves you a bit of labour costs or time when you don't have to (have it) varnished afterwards).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back