Circular Saw?

Discussion in 'Tools and Materials' started by mouldyolddough, 27 Feb 2010.

1. mouldyolddough

mouldyolddough

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Folks,

I'm in the market for a circular saw for very occaisonal use but right now need for cutting chipboard flooring and when fitting my kitchen, what's the minimum I should be spending and can anyone reccomend a decent value for money saw.

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

2. Sponsored Links
  3. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If it's just an occasional use saw you won't do much better than MacAllister, yes I know it's from B&Q but it does have a three year warranty and laser guidance, and for watts of power per pound you probably won't do better. It may not last the full three years but that's OK because they're pretty no-quibble about taking stuff back if it looks like you've looked after it, and you'll get another one with another three year warranty as a replacement, happy days :D

4. Bodgeit and scarper ltd

Bodgeit and scarper ltd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    the warranty is from the day you buy the first one. get a bosch and you will not waste time and money taking it back. even better buy a table saw

5. RF Lighting

RF Lighting

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I find it really arkward lifting floorboards with my table saw :LOL:

6. Deluks

Deluks

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  7. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You just need to go in when there's a spotty muppet on the returns desk and they'll take back anything ;) and whilst Bosch blue is fantastic it's a little excessive for a very occasional user

8. Sponsored Links
  9. pompeyal

pompeyal

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Bodgeit and scarper made me larf, just imagine trying to cut tongues from floor boards with a table saw....

10. chrissyg

chrissyg

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    this bosch is a little more pricey than the skil and the dewalt but i find bosch to be better quality in general. it's on offer at the moment as well so...(it's not a massive saving but still...)

http://www.toolguru.co.uk/shop/product.asp?p=6294&tc=22&mc=187&sc=512&mr=BOSCH

they've got a few other circular saws there as well, even some table saws for bodgeit and scarper if he wants... haha

11. pauldelahaye

pauldelahaye

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I love my 18v cordless Dewalt circular saw, I know there is no love for Dewalt on this forum, and it is not really priced for the occasional use market, however the one thing I would say, the left hand blade makes it so much easier to see what you are cutting, I just don't understand why more mains powered circular saws don't also have a left hand blade.

Most would think I'm talking bull, but anyone who has used a left hand blade over a right will I'm sure understand how much easier they are!

12. Bodgeit and scarper ltd

Bodgeit and scarper ltd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    what I was trying to say was if you are just buying one saw to start off with, you will get more use from a good table saw. With my table saw i can cut up to 8 inches. I have every other type of saw that you can get and the only one that never gets used is the bosch circular saw.

13. chippie244

chippie244

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Since I bought my TS55 my table saw, which could cut 8'x4's to any size, hasn't been out of the lockup, apart from small dimensioning it isn't needed.

14. joe-90

joe-90

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I like the Evolution Rage saw. No need to worry about screws and nails.

15. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local