Cistern / toilet connection leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a new toilet in my bathroom this week. I now find that there is a gradual drip of water coming from the cistern/toilet bowl join area.
I have seperated the two halves three times now, to check correct seating of the 'rubber close coupling' (Known as doughnut i believe) and still the problem is there.

Even without securing to the floor and wall.

The item is part of a 'Close coupled closet suite' made by Armitage.

Appreciate any advice to fit this without the leak!

Ade

Sponsored Links
Hi

Is the cistern sat upright on the bowl there by putting equal pressure to the doughnut below?

Hope this helps

Remove the cistern and fill it with water. the most likely place for a leak is where the syphon exits the ceramic

The cistern is as level as I can get it.

Do I use the 'doughnut' without any form of sealant?

Sponsored Links
OK - separate the cistern from the toilet bowl. You imply that the leak might not be around the 'doughnut' itself but through the plastic syphon fitting - large plastic nut/metal clamp. (Which is brand new)

I'm not sure how I can fill the cistern to check this, as obviously there is now the opening which would match up to the toilet.

?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You stand the cistern on a sheet of paper and fill it with a bucket or bowl, or watering can or anything else that holds water :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back