CLaiming money back of a company that may be wrapping up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in a current situation with a company where they owe me some money and have cancelled a contract with us to complete some work on our property.

It is currently going to small claims, but apparantly they are planning to wrap up business.

Im now worried I will get none of my money they owe me back.

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
masona said:

I have spoke with both trading standards and consumer direct and they have been reasonably helpful untill recently but are now basically saying ah well....

and unfortunately no i did not pay by credit card

Sponsored Links
If they, the directors haven't done anything illegal, then if they do go into liquidation, you'll have to apply to the courts to join the list of creditors, which generally in practise means you get little to nothing back.

That's what the limited bit means in a company limited liability, i.e. the individuals of the company are not liable for the companies debt.

But it doe's mean that the liquidator get's a big fat fee to keep he's top of the range merc on the road,6 bedroomed house up and running,tuition fees for the kids schooling,fancy resturants,lavish holidays,not to forget the mistress..and at the end of all this you might get a penny in the pound.....

You have a straight choice:

1. Abide by the law, and make your claim in writing, and wait to see how things pan out.

2. Assemble a posse of burly fellows, and pay the company a visit to collect either your money back or goods and assets to the value of.

Nice office you've got here squire - we wouldn't want anything to, er, "happen" to it. :evil:

Softus said:
You have a straight choice:

1. Abide by the law, and make your claim in writing, and wait to see how things pan out.

2. Assemble a posse of burly fellows, and pay the company a visit to collect either your money back or goods and assets to the value of.

Nice office you've got here squire - we wouldn't want anything to, er, "happen" to it. :evil:

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back