Class 1 stainless liner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a cheeky question. Can anybody give me an indicative cost of supplying a 6 inch class 1 stainless steel liner for a wood burning stove. I have a quote that I'm happy with with one exception, I'm being quoted £74.17 per metre, plus VAT to supply the above. Fitting is extra but I'm happy with that part of the quote. My gut feel is that this price is a bit steep at a total of £667.53 plus VAT just for a liner.

Thanks
Steve

Sponsored Links
It depends what type of flue. There is flexible twinwalled, and rigid. If it's rigid, its a good price.

I recently bought 8 metre`s of 6 inch twin walled, from a place (which I won`t say )in Manchester for £144+VAT

Sponsored Links
I've informed the potential installers of our burner that I can source twin stainless liner at a much cheaper rate than they have quoted. They say their liner is twin wall and twin insulated. I cannot find a product which claims to be twin wall and twin insulated? Does such a thing exist.

This leads me to a second question. When is it necessary to insulate a liner when fitting it to an existing chimney. What conditions must exist for insulation to be necessary or is it always necessary to insulate?

ash1 said:
I recently bought 8 metre`s of 6 inch twin walled, from a place (which I won`t say )in Manchester for £144+VAT

Thanks to info from bikerm4 and ash1 I managed to get the supplier of our stove to reduce their overall costs by nearly £500 after "educating" them regarding a reasonable price for stainless steel liners. I also got them to reduce the price of the stove by £150. So a great result all round :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back