clf - can u HELP / hot water pressure too low

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a NIGHTMARE!! I have installed a complete new bathroom. Sink (mono basin mixer) bath ( mixer tap) toilet (concealed cistern) and thermostatic mixer shower (over bath). the hot water runs so slow out of everything. In fact if i lift the shower head above head height it stops running altogether(hot water that is). The cold pressure is fine and the pressure on the hot water down stairs is fine also. I have a back boiler heating system behind the livingroom fire. The hot water tank is in the bedroom on the same level as the bathroom. HELP PLEASE B4 I LEAVE HOME.

Sponsored Links
Sheesh

this old chestnut see this post

"poor hot water flow"

you have a high pressure tap where A low pressure tap should be

basically they need to be changed

Could also check that h/w cyl cold fill gate valve is in fact open properly. they can snap internally leaving them partially closed even though they turn and appear to open fully. Also try back filling hot tap in bathroom with cold mains pressure via a hose pipe.

If these simple tasks fail then its back to corgimans response :cry:

will i have to change all the taps and the mixer shower or could i get round it by fitting apump on the hot feed going into bathroom?? The problem is that i cant return any of them so im thinking of the cost factor.

Sponsored Links
Why cant you return them?

you were mis sold so it should not be a problem

and yes you can pump the system

a very expensuve way of making good a elemental mistake thou

any ideas on a good pump that will run the bath,sink and shower. Am i right in thinking you just feed the hot water coming into the bathroom in and out of the pump( is it that straight forward, coz nothing usually is!)
The pumps that you buy, are they the shower pumps that you can purchase from B+Q or are they a completely different pump altogether?
CHEERS.

verminator said:
I am having a NIGHTMARE!! I have installed a complete new bathroom. Sink (mono basin mixer) bath ( mixer tap) toilet (concealed cistern) and thermostatic mixer shower (over bath). the hot water runs so slow out of everything. In fact if i lift the shower head above head height it stops running altogether(hot water that is). The cold pressure is fine and the pressure on the hot water down stairs is fine also. I have a back boiler heating system behind the livingroom fire. The hot water tank is in the bedroom on the same level as the bathroom. HELP PLEASE B4 I LEAVE HOME.

I wouldn`t go racing back to the shop just yet. you have restricted the already poor water flow to your hot outlets by introducing a shower. I`m guessing you didn`t have one before?
Your hot water flow rate to your bathroom before probably wasn`t much good anyway.The reason you have good flow rates at your hot taps downstairs is because they are further away from your header tank in the loft. You are asking a lot from your poor old gravity fed system :cry: have you considered upgrading? if not put crap taps back on :LOL:

Or you could raise the height of your header tank, possibly on top of the roof of the flats next door. :eek:

Take the taps back, if the knuts are dammaged the get some new one's only talking pence, I take it the shower is off the bath deck

Your bang on the mark bamber. I used to have electric shower and yes the hot flow was never that good. Cant put old taps back on. Stuck with what i have and where i am NEED SOLUTION. PUMP?????????
Its the only solution that i (a non plumber bybthe way) can logically think of.

You can pump the hot water feed to your shower straight from the cylinder, thereby taking a bit of stress from the feed from your taps. I wouldn`t ever expect great things from your taps though, the pressure will always be cr*ap, unless you upgrade your system, still at least your bathroom will ;) :D look nice

There's no need for outlandish schemes involving moving the CSS, or going unvented. Add a pump to the hot supply to the bathroom, and you'll be perfectly satisfied with the result.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back