Clic Lok Ceramic Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another little job my wife surprised me with tonight is to retile the en suite. Remove the vinyl tiles and replace with ceramic/porcelain. Claims to have seen a clic lok type ceramic tile. No, she's not blonde.

That aside and assuming "A" type of ceramic I will be tiling on a chipboard floor with hardwood as a base. Good idea?

Its a small room not much more tha 6 ft x 6ft. Floor gets a very wet from time to time from the shower so I have avoided the idea of wood

Sponsored Links
topgazza said:
Another little job my wife surprised me with tonight is to retile the en suite. Remove the vinyl tiles and replace with ceramic/porcelain. Claims to have seen a clic lok type ceramic tile. No, she's not blonde.

Think she must have seen click - laminated flooring in tile-design :LOL: :LOL:

HI

If its the stuff iam thinking , its blooding expensive

its in b&q about £40 square metre

its got a hdf base with what looks like glazed tile on top
but could be lamiante with a very deep layer of glaze

Sponsored Links
Thats what I thought but she is adamant that she has seen some porcelain tiles that lock together. Don't see the point myself if thats true as you still have to grount and a lock system would make it difficult to remove/replace a damaged tile.

I think in the en suite case I'll just remove the old vinyl tiles and replace with new ones, be it all a better quality. Easier, simpler.

Still got to choose my wooden flooring for my kitchen, replace the ensuite sink, WC and shower tray (oh joy!), replace the cloakroom sink and WC, paint the lounge, paint the kitchen doors and a multiple of other chores. Might apply for VR with my company and take a year off to do all this.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back