Click or Glue, What's best

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to be putting down new flooring and want to use Laminate boards. Trying to decide which is the better, to get the click and install or the glue style. Also would like to know a time frame I would need for say a 12x14 ft room. I have three rooms to do so want to know how much time off work I need.

Cheers

Chris

Sponsored Links
Forget the glue type laminate and get the click fit instead. As for fitting, it all depends on how useful you are at it . I could lay that area in around 2 hrs , a capable DIY'er who's laid some before might take 3-4 hrs , but a total novice could take all day . You won't really know until you start but good preparation and taking the time to get the first run laid correctly will save time in the long run.

Cheers Daz. Not laid before but anything to do with me hands I take to like a duck to water. Don't really find anything too hard. As like you said, preperation is the key.

Chris

Done one last month and I found most of these click laminated flooring has a slight bow and making difficult to click it in the middle so what I did was to use a thin packing underneath the middle of the bow of the laminated flooring which help to click it in.

Sponsored Links
The 'fun' part with click-systems starts when you have doors at opposite sites of the room (or hallway).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back