Cloning a MAC hard drive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Have someone that has a failing HDD in a mac, currently running OS9. What I would like to do is ghost the drive. Now I know absolutely nothing about MAC's but I assume that if I took the failing drive out, put it in a normal pc and ghosted it onto a new drive, then assuming that ghost could read the entire drive, it would work just fine, all I'd need to do then would be to pop the new ghosted drive into the mac ?
Can anyone offer any advice on this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
From what I have read, which may be out of date, and I am no MAC expert, Ghost won't recognise the format. Looking around, I have found this, which might help

Thanks for the info, I know ghost wouldnt recognise the file system but I've done sector by sector copies before with ghost and was assuming that might have worked, anyway, as it happens, the machine booted fine, all you have to do is copy a few folders over to a new drive, mark it as active and it boots from the new drive. First "proper" look at a mac I've had and I'm not at all impressed, I can see the reason they are fast, win 3.11 would be fast on a modern machine and thats what it compares to, its basically (IMO) ****e lol, that said, it was os9 which has aparantly now been superceded by os x. Anyway I'm not impressed.

Sponsored Links
Back