COLD WATER CONNECTION LEAKING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help, the cold water connection to my washing machine is leaking, where the cold water pipe joins the grey pipe that goes into machine. It doesn't leak when grey pipe is off and blue switch is pushed down, but as soon as I connect grey pipe with blue washer and put blue switch up there is a constant drip. Do I need I need to change the whole pipe?

Sponsored Links
Is this a new washing machine? If it isn't and you are re-fitting an old pipe then it may be the rubber washer in the connector. Otherwise just make sure it's tight. The blue tap is the cold water mains and there is a lot of pressure once it's turned on so if you haven't done the pipe connection up tight enough it will leak.

If it is a new pipe then I don't know, they're generally pretty reliable - watch this space you should get plenty of help.

Thank you, it has been connected for about 6 years. I can't see a separate washer inside connection. There is the blue nut and inside there is a piece of rubber about the size of a half penny but it doesn't come off!

Either overtighten or cross-thread,undo it and take out the washer,clean it,put it back in (make sure it's push right at the back with a blunt tool) then gently tighten it back on.They have a very fine thread so need more care.

Sponsored Links
Seeing as a new washing machine pipe will set you back a whopping £3.50 and is very little hassle, might be an idea to try that if the old "unscrew it, screw it back in again" trick doesn't work.

Perhaps wrap some PTFE tape around the threads... Can you do that with plastic connectors?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back