colourways silk emulsion

Sponsored Links
Have you bought this paint yet?, is so take it back,I am going to be perfectly honest with you here, but out of all the DIY sheds, wickes is the worst paint you can buy.

I beg you to take it back, spend a couple pound more and buy a good quality make, like dulux, honestly it will be worth it.

I only used wickes once in a bathroom, silk it was, the client had bought all the materials, and I didnt realise that he had bought Wickes.
I had the key as he was on holiday, and I had to do a couple of rooms including bathroom.

I was nearly in tears, part of it was my own fault, as I kept saying to myself, 'surely this coat will cover' after 3 coats of pratically pizz water, I then went out and bought dulux.

I had never used wickes before as I normally get the paint, but this tight ar se was trying to cut corners, and its false economy. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Third_Eye said:
Enlightened story indeed..........

Oh Third, thats only one story, I have loads to tell, when I get to know you better I might tell you some more. :oops: ;) ;)

Watch it mate...never trust a cockney..

Cockney painters...even worse..well suss! :confused:

Ive just done one of those 'we'll get the paint' jobs..

Got there ready to start, three big holes where the picture rail used to be... :evil: , looked at the paint..no white for the ceiling, had to do the walls first :evil:..they got acrylic non drip satin for the woodwork more :evil: 's...and

Thirds eyes favourite paint...Dulux rich matt for the walls!..first time ive used it, have to agree, its rubbish and doesnt cover.

The to top it all, they wanted one wall in a darker brown..it was a wall beside the window wall so it didnt look any different from the rest..so they changed their minds and asked me to paint it the same as the rest (oh...after i had already given it one coat of the darker colour of course! :evil: ) and that took three coats of rich matt to cover it!!

We live an learn I spose.. :rolleyes:

From past experience I only ever use Dulux Bathroom & Kitchen emulsion in those areas.
Found cheaper brands tend to peel off in steamy areas.

Zampa said:

Got there ready to start, three big holes where the picture rail used to be... :evil: , looked at the paint..no white for the ceiling, had to do the walls first :evil:..they got acrylic non drip satin for the woodwork more :evil: 's...and

Thirds eyes favourite paint...Dulux rich matt for the walls!..first time ive used it, have to agree, its rubbish and doesnt cover.

The to top it all, they wanted one wall in a darker brown..it was a wall beside the window wall so it didnt look any different from the rest..so they changed their minds and asked me to paint it the same as the rest (oh...after i had already given it one coat of the darker colour of course! :evil: ) and that took three coats of rich matt to cover it!!

Nightmare Zampa.........

Zampa said:

'

Where they Cockney customers? :p

Ive just done one of those 'we'll get the paint' jobs..'

That is my worst nightmare, so I try and steeer them into buying a good quality brand, specially after the fiasco with the wickes paint, I now say to the clients that if they buy an inferior make, I will have to do more coats, and of course charge them more, funny how they then decide to pay out a few extra quid for the good stuff. :rolleyes:

I normally say that if a surface needs two then it doesnt really matter, however, using cheap muck can sometimes means the difference between one coat and three..

And as spice says,,, thats when the labour charges go up, so they save 5 quid on a tin of paint and lay out another 50 to have the room painted twice more.. :rolleyes:

Bargain!

I dont think its always down to the customers being stingy about the materials...its more of a case that they are worried that we would dare to make an extra couple of bob on a tin...forgetting the fact tha we have gone and picked it up or them too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back