Combi boiler - HW not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a new flat with a Worcester 24CDi combi boiler. The heating and hot water have been working fine but today when I turn on hot taps - i get only a very small flow and the boiler does not fire up at all. When I turn on the central heating the boiler fires up as normal but there is still no hot water heading to the taps.
Pressure is about 0.8 bar - is this too low?
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
THE PRESSURE IS NOTHING TO DO WIOTH HOT WATER.

It is probably scaling in the plate heat exchanger.

The plate heat ex on the cdi is fairly good against lime scale, guarenteed upto 200 parts per million, are you in a hard water area ?.more chance the filter or flow restricter are blocked if your not in a hard water area, you need around 2.5lt per min flow at the hot tap to operate the micro switch and around 1 bar working on your cold main (thats your tap water pressure Not the system pressure that read on the boiler guage)and at least 6lt per min flow on the cold inlet. so if your cold tap is ok and the hot flow is very poor the only option is to find the restriction "thats the fun bit"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back