Combi-Boiler Installation advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently been quoted £2200 for installation of a new combi-boiler following near breakdown of existing (with no trace of current fault (losing pressure, leaking, not filling with water fully)).

Its a 3 bed semi detached house with 5 radiators downstairs, and 5 radiators (including towel radiator) upstairs.

Have been quoted for the above with a worcester-bosch Greenstar 24i junior combi, new main thermostat, and thermostats on each radiator (required under new regs apparently??) with approx 7metres of supply from gas supply to boiler position (downstairs).

Does this sound reasonable. Quote is from a very reliable company.

Sponsored Links
Until the price of gas doubles or trebles I see it as good policy financially to keep what you have and run it into the ground. Only exception to this is if you were an eco warrior and preservation of the earths resources were a big issue to you.
Cant comment on price cos I dont know where you live. If you live near me its a little high but worth paying if you know they will do the job right and down london way it would be a cheap as chips price.
Worry less about the price and more about getting the job done right and think IIABDFI {If it ain't broke dont fix it)!!!

Sounds very reasonable to me. However the owner of this site does not encourage you to ask this type of question about prices.

I would also add that any competent engineer would be able to sort out the problems with your existing boiler. They do not sound very expensive to repair to me compared with a new boiler.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back