Combi Hot water temperature fluctuates on shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a ravenheat condensing combi providing hot water. It's been running fine but recently when having a shower (not thermostatic just a regular mixer) the temperature will drop for 10 secs or so as if the flame's out then it will come back on for a while.

Any ideas what's causing this?

thanks
Luke

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a problem I had. It turned out to be the heat exchanger, it was clogged up. It's best removed and cleaned or better still, replaced as you never get all the crap out. Be sure to flush the system before replaceing though or it'll clog again. GOOD LUCK.

If it was the plate heat exchanger blocked then it would be quite regulat cycling.

It may well be the flame going out but this is likely to need a CORGI engineer.

It would give a clue if you run a hot tap at the same time as the shower and see what happens.

It would also help us if we what model of boiler you have!

Tony Glazier

It may well be the flame going out but this is likely to need a CORGI engineer.
Why? Is the OP a landlord or a tradesperson?

Sponsored Links
Water Systems is a retired person who spends all his time telling people on forums that DIY gas work is not illegal.

He is not CORGI registered and he hides his identity. Not someone to be trusted for advice in my view !

What he always forgets to say is that DIY gas work is ONLY allowable if the homeowner is COMPETENT.

It should be pretty obvious to any thinking person that someone who has to ask simple advice on a forum is definately NOT competent!

Tony

Agile said:
Water Systems is a retired person who spends all his time telling people on forums that DIY gas work is not illegal.
I hope you're more accurate with your engineering work Agile - I've seen contributions from Water Systems on other topics, and I'm also pretty darn sure that he eats, sleeps and cr*ps too.

Agile said:
He is not CORGI registered and he hides his identity. Not someone to be trusted for advice in my view !
Everyone on here hides their identity, other than those who wish to get free advertising via the forum.

Agile said:
What he always forgets to say is that DIY gas work is ONLY allowable if the homeowner is COMPETENT.
I've seen him not forget to say that, so you are, demonstrably, wrong.

Agile said:
It should be pretty obvious to any thinking person that someone who has to ask simple advice on a forum is definately NOT competent!
Well, as a thinking person, my I ask you to declare your reasoning behind that assertion?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back