Combi or not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I could do with some advice/opinions on wether to change from a standard boiler setup to a combi setup.

Our present hot water needs are for the bathroom (no shower), kitchen sink and washing machine.

The existing boiler is in the kitchen, combi boiler would be placed in the existing airing cupboard upstairs. The reason for the change in location is due to an extension being built on the side where the current boiler flue exits.

The radiators on the heating system are about 6 years old and all plumbing is a combination of soldered and compression joints.

How long can I expect the bath to take to fill on average?
Should I keep with the existing system and just change the location of the existing boiler?

Thanks
Mark

Sponsored Links
dont have a combi, they are good, but only if the situation is right (there are just me & mrs breezer) it suits us 2 fine, more to go wrong, etc etc, try a search on these forums

(have a quick look at the page this topic is on, look at all those with combi probs, i rest my case)

Sponsored Links
Yes htgeng, I think that's probably why he added the :LOL: :LOL: 's!

To be happy with a combi for more than 2 people you have to have a good mains supply, a high output combi and STILL be aware of its limitations. Some families love them though.

[quote="ChrisR].....Some families love them though.[/quote]

Ours does. It's a good income. Undersized expansion vessels? Great!!! Regular income as no wants to pay for fitting a suplementary vessel. Burner always starting and stopping when a tap is opened for 5 seconds - then gives up. Nicely scaled up heat exchangers and blending valves, perforated diaphrams.

Pleeeeaaase fit a combi

Thanks for the input guys. After reading your responses and doing a fair bit of digging through the internet I have decided NOT to fit a combi (sorry oilman and kev, but trust me - the money is better in my pocket) :LOL:

Wayyyyy to many cons for me with a combi.

Hey ! Great lads, we got him! Now he'll need to put a pump in for his shower which will suck air and leak and need changing every time the guarantee runs out, And we can tell him how people die when the loft cistern boils and dumps on them. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ahh, but if when the water gets dumped and two girls suddenly appear and start rubbinmg me down with shower gel (ala the tv ad) I can live with that :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back