Combi pressure debate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have posted this on another thread, but would like your views.

my system sits at 1.5 bar cold and rises to 2.6 hot.

some have said that this is to much of a rise, the Ideal hotline says this is ok, I did not really trust the hotline that much, as he kept stalling on me.

some have stated that it should only rise 0.3 bar hot-cold,

Views please

ideal isar new system

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the posts around October 2003. Theres lots of them to do with this there.

How do you find those posts - search on "combi pressure" doesn't help a lot!
-----------

Check the expansion pressure vessel air precharge. Ie let the pressure off the system, then put a tyre pressure gauge on the tyre-valve looking thing in the PV to measure it. Should be about 0.7 - 1 bar.

Refil system with water through the loop to 1 bar.

(If you have a lot of water in your system - lots of large capacity rads, your pressure vessel might be a bit small. That gives large pressure rise on heat-up.)

Had a combi system fitted in a terraced house ( 5 rads ) year ago.
Pressure rise is 1 bar. Was 1.5 to 2.5 but I have changed this slightly now 1.2 to 2.2. I understand 1 bar rise is about right, any large rises are due to the 'pressure vessel' being undersized, faulty or incorrectly charged prior to use.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Have generally found some problem if the rise is as much as 1 bar - usually its about .5 .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back