Combination cylinder, unknown make

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a direct economy 7 Combination cylinder with an element in the top tank as well as the 2 in the bottom hot water cylinder. This I believe is the booster element but can't see why its not at the top of the bottom cylinder, if you see what I mean?
I don't know who makes the cylinder as the "booster" element is shot. It resembles a flat kettle element!
Any ideas? :idea:

Sponsored Links
I have not one taken, but yes its an odd! I am used to seeing two probe immersions only on an Economy 7.

I think he means can you take a picture and post it!

Sponsored Links
Are all 3 wired?

ANything like this:confused:
lment.gif

Not quite the shape. It sits at the bottom of the top tank and has a circular type shape. The top immersion wiring would seem to connect to it as there are no other connections? I have not tried as yet to remove top immersion via the boss.
There is no DHW draw-off for the top tank so it beats the hell out of me, just the stored water top-up to the very bottom of the system (as normal).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back