Combining basin and bath waste

H

HiZ

I would like to join the waste from a basin to the waste under the bath. What would stop the basin waste from flowing into the bath? I will make sure the waste has a good slope by using a shallow type trap for the bath. Do i need to run the basin waste as far as possible from the bath drain and join them just before connecting to the large soil pipe?

Any rules or suggestions?

Before I trashed my bathroom the basin was in a diffrent location and had its own waste into the soil pipe a good 18" above the point where the bath enters it. I've capped off the 'old' basin connection.

Sponsored Links
bad idea to combine wastes

bugger when you have a blocked bath and sink, need four hands to hold overflows and plugs to plunge the devil

try and keep em seperate

Nige F said:
Combine them and use hep V O waste valves ;)

Hey they look good.

So fit this straigh after the bath U bend to stop the sink back flowing into the bath.

I will then combine the pipes futher down stream.

Or am i using this instead of a bath trap?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
instead of standard traps, they prevent (as theres no water held in them) from suffering from induced syphonage (gurgurling plug holes).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back