Computer alarm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anybody help me, My computer sometimes makes an alarm sound from inside the PC and not through the speakers? :eek: I don't get any message on the screen, just a "nee Norr" sound from the mother board, the noise stops when I close whatever program is running at the time, usually a game site my son is on. :eek:

Any help appreciated :LOL:

Cheers chris

Sponsored Links
It sounds like an alert from the motherboard system monitor. It could be a number of things, but often means that the CPU is overheating or a fan has stopped spinning or is running slower than it should. In some cases, the PSU may not be supplying enough power. It could also be a false alarm.

mine does that if i am trying new memory and it doesnt like it

(i should point out it does it at boot up, or atleast attempt to boot up)

I agree with Igorian that it could be a temperature warning - have a look in the BIOS for alarm settings.

Have you opened the case and checked for dust and fluff?

Tip: don't hoover it out - use a can of Dust-Off or a similar product.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies gent's, I will check for dust. The only thing that worries me is if it's a temp problem why does the noise stop as soon as i close the program? :cry:

Cheers

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've just checked inside for dust OMG the main CPU heatsink was completely blocked with dust, i think we may have found the problem.
I cleaned it all out and it now looks like new, I hope it clears the problem.

Cheers

Chris

if the program that was running uses the cpu alot it will increase temp in it thus setting alarm off . my sister had same problem one program that used alot from cpu used to shut pc down .

Back