1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Concerning CET recondition pcb's

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Manlow, 2 Dec 2014.

1. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    That does indeed suck huge hairy plums and I feel for him and your family. Fingers crossed!!!!

My big point has been made several times. But you are avoiding it.

Hopefully my previous post will help a little.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. geoff@cetltd

geoff@cetltd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

4. geoff@cetltd

geoff@cetltd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

5. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Your background is irrelevent.

The board was declared by the manufacturer as per their production specs. THe moment one of your people start changing bits it no longer conforms to what the manufacturer have declared.

You might buy a GS2-R-24 relay, but will you stand by the purchaser if that relay caused a board fault (for arguments sake a gas valve held open after the OH stat kicked in) which subsequently toasted the end user's kitchen?

6. geoff@cetltd

geoff@cetltd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

7. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Colour blind are we?

eeerrrmmm???? Do they teleport themselves to the boiler housing?

Where is it implicit? Your T's and C's were written by a complete ******. They refer only to workmanship and not component failure. They mention nothing about replacing parts of the board and subsequent shifting of liabilities from the manufacturer to CET or the purchaser.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Cowboys.

8. geoff@cetltd

geoff@cetltd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

9. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    We'll take that as a no then?

Nighty night. :rolleyes:

10. Sponsored Links
  11. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

Seeing as Radon's word of the evening is "implicit". In that last quoted line from his website, it is "implicit" that repairing and reconditioning are two difference things.

The site seems to be down at the minute (surprise?), but I am sure his price listings call EVERYTHING "refurbished", so that is four different processes ;)

12. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Seems CETltd.com has been taken down completely. :confused:

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.cetltd.com

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/cetltd.com.html

T's & C's:

Google cache can be a real barsteward when you have something to hide.

13. mfarrow

mfarrow

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Dan

It sounds like you're implying that works or repairs should not be undertaken on assemblies unless by those working for or authorised by the manufacturer and using manufacturers parts, owing to risks of the type you've highlighted above?

If that was the case the repair of anything industry would not exist, car dealerships (say) would have extraordinary monopoly and all white good repairers have authorisations from each manufacturer.

This is regardless of background, qualification or understanding (collectively called competence) of those undertaking the repair.

14. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    No, I'm asking if Geoff will assume the liability.

If you put an aftermarket tuning box in your car, do you expect the manufacturer to honour the warranty on the injectors? Even though though the Tuning house claims it is better?

Nope.

15. UpgradeME

UpgradeME

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I come from a different industry but I've just read this thread and believe the same principles apply here.... Here's how it works in my industry:

1) Manufacturer R&D's a new product (e.g. Boiler)

2) New product is sent to independent 3rd party lab for testing against all necessary EU standards e.g. LVD (2006/95/EC), Gas Appliances Directive (2009/142/EEC) etc etc

3) Responsible person at manufacturer uses results from 2) to give them the reassurance to sign a Declaration of Conformity (DoC).

NOTE: Where safety is concerned, the Responsible person in 3) above is PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE (hence the need to do 2) as it will be them, not the company who is ultimately hold to account, regardless if it's Ltd or Plc)

If a 3rd party was to repair / refurbish / modify the PCB in any way, it would have to go through 2) above to be approved by the manufacturer. IMHO there is no way that a manufacturer would accept liability for any 3rd party repair to OEM PCBs and no 3rd party can claim a modified PCB complies with the manufacturers DoC unless they have the reams of test results as carried out in 2) above.

Just my opinion on the topic from someone who has bought 1,000's of products to market which have PCBs in them! ;)

The fact that a replacement component has the same markings on the outside has no bearing on if it complies with DoC. The supply chain of said components in not known to the manufacturer or likely to the 3rd party, just because it says "Abc" doesn't mean it really is "Abc" or built to the same standards as original "Abc"! ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  16. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Exactly. . Yet the owner of CET is saying that he sources the same or better quality components and that is all that is necessary.

In truth I don't care if his wares are better or worse than the originals.

It is the trail of culpability should there be a problem that I am interested in.

17. UpgradeME

UpgradeME

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm no legal expert, however I would say that if a competent person knowingly fitted a 3rd party modified PCB (in whatever form that takes), they would be liable to the customer (I doubt you can legally disclaim against it either from a safety POV). The competent person would then make a case against the 3rd party that modified it, perhaps for negligence, false claims etc

Unless it can be proven that the same fault exists on a unmodified product, the manufacturer won't be liable.

Just my opinion....