concrete mix ratio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi , can you please tell me what mix to use i am laying a hard standing 5" thick for a stable to go on and am not sure what ratio ballast Vs cement , please help ,,,thanks

Sponsored Links
I would use 1 cement, 2 sand and 6 gravel for this, its what is called a C15P mix, and is usually used in foundations, so ample strong enough for what you want

thanks mate ,my sand and gravel is coming in ton bags already mixed so what should that be 8 to 1 ?

Sponsored Links
For reference in future, this site has all the necessary recipes for whatever type of muck you want.

duff67k
anything larger than 3m by 3m you should use reinforced steel wire mesh ..set in the concrete

How lond does concerete take to set? (approx 3.5mx1.5mx0.30m)

its hard enough to walk on after 24hrs, but is far to "green" to fix to or do anything else. if you could leave it over a weekend then it wont scuff so badly if you need to work on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back