Condensate soakaway regs question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone point me in the right direction for a definitive article regarding the regs concerning the construction of soakaways for steamer condensates?

I think I'm right (but wouldn't put any money on it) in that you need 600mm of 100mm appropriately drilled plastic with a further 400mm below, all of which is filled with lime chippings. But I read somewhere that the soakaway must be at least 1M from the house (with the holes pointing away from the house, which makes sense). If this is right, is it permisible to bury the 1M horizontal bit of 32/21.5mm? or are people expected to step/trip over it?

I really should know this stuff, but frighteningly I don't.

Ta

Sponsored Links
Hepworth have just added a soakway to their range. Might be worth emailing them to see what they say.

The new draft of one of the above links guidance notes is HERE
The 'alternative ground level' means that you can indeed run the pipe underground (See page 16)

Sponsored Links
You do not have to construct your own, you can but soakaways specially made for boiler condense, they are about 100mm in diameter and about 300mm deep, they come with adaptors on top to take overflow pipe or 32mm plastic, they should be filled with limestone chippings and have some chippings poured around the exterior of the trap, this helps neutralise the condense and helps drainage look at [/url]http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com look under product catalogue, then under waste traps, then under traps and fittings with connections for condense drainage, scroll down to item SOAK1GR

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back