Condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. We live in a 1960's bungalow. A couple of years ago the underfelt started to deteriorate quite badly and leaks appeared. Moneys tight but a 'friend' recommended a roofer who said he could reuse the existing tiles and just replace the underfelt. The finished job was not good but for various reasons I'd already paid (I know - kick myself daily). Anyway at certain times of the year there is a large buildup of condensation on the inside of the felt. This is running down and causing problems inside the house. What steps can I take to eliminate the condensation build-up? apart from getting another roofer :confused:
Cheers John

Sponsored Links
1) Ventilate the loft space.

2) Ventilate the loft space.

3) Ventilate the loft space.

4) Ventilate the loft space.

5) Check that your water tanks all have lids on them and the central heating feed and expansion (if there is one) is not full of hot water.

6) Make sure you don't have wet air from yout bathroom or kitchen or tumble drier getting into the loft.

Check the edges of the loft space for insulation stuffed down the cavity.. normally a loft is ventilated via the eaves so check that air flow can be achieved.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. I think you're hinting at ventilation ;)

That does make sense looking at the insulation around the edge it looks fairly air tight. Also a combi boiler went in when we moved in and there is a path for hot air to flow into the loft through the old airing cupboard. I'll set-to asap hopefully come the more humid season condensation will be cured.

Cheers

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back