condensing boilers any reccomodations ? and BG rant...

J

just-thinking

can any one reccomend a condensing boilers that are reliable.was useing worcester greenstars,but now boiler is changed.greenstar although a big appliance have worked well for me,combis and system boilers.
the only problem i had with system boiler was 1 i fitted.( 1 of 63 )
was on BG 3star contrick.external 3port valve jammed and they changed it to another make (a honeywell) then heating staying on so they changed the valve again (again a honeywell).summer came and heating not going off so yes you know now yet another honeywell valve.boiler now 4 years old.had BG probs for 18 months and house holder asked me to change the boiler.
in worcester makers instructions it states a honeywell valve must not be used,as it still powers up boiler when no demmand for ch.
as they are nice but old customer i changed the valve to an acl (type i fitted 4 years ago) for a cup of tea.and all the perfect honeywell valves left by BG......ty BG.

Sponsored Links
Not understanding why an ACL valve valve would be any different :confused: the wiring is the same is it not ?, what wiring reason do Worcester give for telling you not to use honeywell ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back