condensing pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,just a query about condensing pipe on pottern promax boilers. a mate of mine has had new install, condense pipe has been fitted to guttering downpipe but his neighbours either side same boiler etc,one has condense running down wall straight into ground that has lagging the other 1 has pipe drilled into soil pipe. systems are working ok, is there a right or wrong way, thanks for any info.

Sponsored Links
All are potentially acceptable, subject to various technical requirements. For example external pipework should be insulated or oversized (32mm), pipe going into ground must discharge in a purpose built soak away some distance (1 metre?) away from the house wall, etc. You can get details from the ODPM website.

8) If it was me I would far rather it was running into a drain than a soakaway, this stuff is acidic and will eat away the foundation of your house if it gets to close.

:eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
its about as acidic as tomatoe juice, so wont eat your house overnight

but it must terminate in a lime chip filled soakaway or a suitible drain NOT just on to the floor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back