Congestion curing scheme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if anyone can help. I remember watching on a motoring programme a couple of years ago, might have been Top Gear, or one of those Jeremy Clarkson ones. They showed a unique city traffic scheme, I think it was in Scandinavia, where they had taken all the congestion charge revenue, plus a chunk of road tax, and built a massive road-tunnel system under the city. Seemed to work very well, the traffic kept moving, and pedestrians were free to roam the city on foot.

Does anyone know what city this was, and what the tunnel is called? It is really bugging me! :mad:

Thankyou

Sponsored Links
They are doing the same in Boston (US) andf there are cities in Canada where everything moves underground in the winter as it is too cold and too much snow to move around above it. The problem we have is that we have a victorian road system in our cities and people are too scared to say " Right STOP!!. lets do something about it"

Motorists Union .. could be the next political party, the great fight back !
Just think of the awesome power, I wonder if any other group could be so diverse and potentially wield such power over the exchequer ;)

Sponsored Links
Back