Connecting a washing machine to a steel or copper pipe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to make a connection from a ¾ inch steel water pipe to a washing machine.

As there is a coupler at the relevant point, would it be easier to replace the coupler with a tee and attach a straight BSP male iron and run a small piece of 15mm copper pipe vertically for the wm valve? Or is it preferable to replace the coupler with a female adaptor and run 22mm copper from here then make the connection off of the copper pipe? The steel pipe currently serves the sink and a dishwasher at the end of the branch and are about 3 metres or so away from the intended position of the washing machine. In other words is it better to replace this section of steel pipe with copper?

Sponsored Links
Convert the steel pipe to copper (or plastic). Are you sure it's ¾" pipe? I suspect it might be ½". either way, you only really need 15mm to connect to a sink, dishwasher and washing machine, so if it's ¾" reduce down to 15mm.

Well if it is 1/2" I have an adaptor and the necessary 15mm copper pipe. Thanks for that, Chris.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back