Connecting monobloc tap tails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Fitting new kitchen sink and taps tomorrow. Current layout of pipes is as the following picture. 2 x 15mm copper pipes connect straight to the existing monobloc tap.

P1020356.jpg

The new tap has the following tails, smaller end screws into the tap. All tap connectors I have found already have a big nut on the end. These new tails look to need a tap connector with just a thread and no nut.

Thought I could get a couple of washing machine isolater valves like those in the first picture but they are too big, the flexi hose connector is too small. The diameter of the nut on the new flexi hose is approx 22mm.

Or, am I missing something?

Thank you.

P1020358.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Now how long would it have taken the plumber to wipe off that excess flux from those pipes! makes me cry :LOL:

Hi

I have exactly the same fittings as Garrymum's picture. However, I have been supplied with copper tap tails and I need to know how to connect these to the existing pipework. There are no connectors, valves etc shown on the picture. I know everyone says to use the flexi pipes but I understand that you can get wobbles. It's a steel Ikea sink.

Any help welcomed. Thanks :)

as stated before flexi's onto ball-o-fix isolaters will do fine, you can connect copper tails to old copper pipe with ball-o-fix isolaters or solder no 1's but don't forget to still fir isolation valves, it's a must :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back