Connecting shower waste to bath waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our master bathroom has both a bath and a shower next to each other along one wall with the waste stack in the corner on the opposite side. This means the bath waste run is about 2m but the shower run is nearer 3m (has to run down the length of 2 walls). This means the shower waste is very shallow and does not drain out of the shower very well. I want to take out the shower base, build a platform to increase the height and so improve the drop.

My question is, can I join the shower waste to the bath waste so down the last wall I only have 1 waste pipe running, rather that the two that are there at the moment? If I can join them together, are there any things I should consider in how to go about this?

Sponsored Links
Depends on whether you want the bathwater to come up out of the shower drain and run all over the floor when you pull the plug out of a full bath!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back