connecting tails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The MEB or Aquilla installed the one shot board with the meters and main fuse box. And are due to put the fuse in in about a weeks time.

I installed the CU.

The CU is above the One shot board.

They are both on studding so there is a gap behind the chipboard

I have partly installed the tails.

What I have done is to drill two holes in the one shot above the connection points for the tails and wired one end of them in on the one shot.

The CU is on a separate piece of chipboard to which I would need access. All the light and power cables are fed through a slot on the chipboard and into the CU.

I have left a certain amount of slack in the tails when they are hidden behind the chipboard and then used two cable clips on each tail to secure them as they go into the back of the CU.

Is this approach OK or do the tails need to be fixed rigidly to the chipboard in nice straight lines?

I am using a temporary supply from the main house, the old supply to these old garages. If I put the tails in now with the temporary supply still in place would I damage anything?

Sponsored Links
photos would be good, your descriptions are vague, people wont commit unless they they know the full score.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back