Conservatory company gone into administration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had a conservatory built last summer by Taylor Made Windows and Conservatories Ltd, Walsall, West Midlands.

There had been a number of problem and defects which they did not come back to rectify. I have alraedy paid 95% otherwise they would not even complete the roof & electric. Although it is closed but defects on roof,gutter, downpipe, frame,missing DPC, flue penetration and no lead flashing.

Last month they had a solicitor send me a letter demanding remaining £300 but I wrote back and complaint & there QA manager was suppose to contact me. I learn in news paper they have gone into Administration beginning of this month. They have yet to issue me the FAIRTRADE Ltd insurrance or any warranty paper work.

Q1)What should I do?
Q2)Any chance of getting money back?
Q3) Any chance of the insurance or warranty?

Please advise.

Sponsored Links
i think the best you can hope for is the creditors wont chase you for the ballance
you may also be lucky with the insurance backed gtee but only if you paid the fee directly to them but this is not the usual practise

there may be a glimmer of hope if its taken over as a going concern but i also doubt if the new company would honour the full present commitments

but i dont actualy know the actual answers these are just my general observations

good luck

i think you have no chance, as i understand it when a company goes bust the vat man gets 1st ,cut, then tax man, then companies money is owed to and IF anything left then you and others like you. :cry: (sorry to be so bleak)

i would also suggest you see item 16

Thanks you for all the opinions and advises.

Sometime you just do not know where to go or what to do and having a general discussion helps to focus mind towards a efffecient ends.

Rule 16 certaining is an option and it also cost money to see those solicitor.

Maybe one of your member have the same experiences before & therefore can suggest the best approach & not waste time trying to search/try and error myself.
Maybe it safe money too as you know a lot of peoplr these day will accept any commission and collect your money but the product/service is actually not worth a penny

Thanks & I find that forum like these are very informative if all take it to help and a little serious

Bye

Sponsored Links
Skan said:
Rule 16 certaining is an option and it also cost money to see those solicitor.
Why not use Citizen Advice Bureau, I've use them last week and it's very good information, you don't have to pay but do have a money collection box if you wish to donate.

Look at it on the bright side as least you have a conservatory and there must be some people are without the conservatory plus their deposit.

Did you pay (Any of it) by VISA, if so contact VISA and exaplain the situation, I will only use VISA for deposits or most works (even purchased a car with it much to the `delight` of a forecourt dealer!

Protected against fraud, supplier bankrupcy and good mis-description :) cannot beat it!

If you dont want to get in debt (commendable) just pre load it before the purchase.

If you used ANY other form of credit to buy this write to them as they have some legal obligations to you. The suggestion of the Citizens Advice people is spot on!
good luck!

As I understand it, the way credit card purchasing works in this country is that in the eyes of the law, the credit card company buys the goods, and you are buying the goods from the credit card company. This is why you have protection against undelivered goods etc.

I agree with dmc, if you've paid for it on credit card (Visa or Mastercard, not sure how AMEX stands on this), this would be a worthy avenue of investigation.

Back