Cooker hood connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The hood I'm fitting doesn't have a UK plug, it's more like a track-light plug with an earth.

When running the wiring in for the feed behind the hood chimney, can I just use a line terminal to connect the hood or must it be a socket fixed to the wall?

There's limited space behind the chimney hood to chase and fit a socket.

Sponsored Links
Sorry should have said, it is being supplied by an FCU, it's just how to connect the feed from it to the lead supplied with the hood, but I guess it's just a case of using terminal blocks or equivalent.

A flex outlet plate is very handy and neat. You run T&E chased into the wall from the FCU above the worktop; with the flex outlet at the top next to the hood, then a short flex to the hood.

Sponsored Links
I'd seen that elsewhere but not entirely keen on the flex outlet being visible.

Was wondering if there would be anything against running the T&E out with the flexible vent where it goes through the wall, then make the connection inside the chimney.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back