Cooker Hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am in need of some advice.

I am installing a new cooker hood and wanted to know how to do it.

I have read the site and think i understand the basics but my problem is that i only seem to have one double socket off a ring main in the kitchen that i can attach a fused spur to, i have other sockets but the are either a spur or already have a fused spur attached eg boiler

I ideally wanted this one double socket that i currently have spare to spur another double socket from it so I had more sockets in the kitchen.

What i guess I wanted to know is, is there another way of wiring the cooker hood ?

Perhaps to the cooker switch/plug unit ?

Any suggestions welcomed.

Many thanks
C

Sponsored Links
you can stick a plug and 3A fuse on cooker hood

Ok thank you

I also wanted to put underfloor heating in the kitchen too and am aware that this is the same principle using a fused spur and a thermostat.

Any suggestions there in saving me the double plug socket ?

Cheers

extend the ring to your new double socket?

Sponsored Links
Actually for the underfloor heating .......

Can i attatch the fused spur with thermostat off to the same double plug socket that I spur another double plug socket off ?

Hope that makes sense.

Regards
C

Can i attatch the fused spur with thermostat off to the same double plug socket that I spur another double plug socket off ?

Hope that makes sense.not really...

andy said:
extend the ring to your new double socket?

Bingo ........

That is my solution !!

Thank you very much its become clear now and i also feel very stupid because it was soooo simple.

Many thanks
C

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back